To all those reading this, I wish a very Happy 2012 (and hope that we survive it :P ).
With the onset of each year, I, like many billions, make a mental note of what all I would be accomplishing this year. Mental, because then I can present the excuse of having forgotten about it. That I'm rarely found guilty, in a case of me against myself by the Supreme Court (my brain), is a totally different matter altogether. This year I decided why not start today and make up the "to-do" list with each passing day? So, the first thing that popped up was : Have a blog! Don't know why, but I've been thinking of starting one for sometime now, and what better day to start than today? So here goes the first post of my first blog, an open letter. And who better to dedicate it to than the previous year and the people who made my life but an easy smile :)
The year that started with hope turning to dismay, ended with a love filled life (and a first day show of Sherlock Holmes 2 :D). Generally, it takes me time to remember what I was doing on the 01/01.But somehow, this year felt so short, that it's like i remember (almost) every day, crystal clear. This year, unlike others, didn't see people walking out of my life. Instead it brought back the loved ones and their care. In no particular order of importance, here is my gratitude to some of the most amazing people I know.
Maansi: Supposedly my "girlfriend", I can never thank you enough for all the pains that you took throughout the year and were always there no matter what. My "go-to" person, although you say I did a lot in return, I can never match your giving ways. You'll always be the "dildaar baniya" :D and words will always be less to describe the feelings (too cheesy, I tell you).
Rashi: Sadly, we had to go from being a couple being sisters. From janu to behen, I should rather say :P. But then, the name of the relation ceases to be of importance when the person is as important as you're to me :) Yes, I have said it loads of times, but I'll repeat it again. The late night metro-rides, the heart venting sessions, the cute-guy spotting problems, the trials to clear your confusion between ब and प and God knows what all! Each moment has been nothing but pure fun :)
Surabhi: The bholi bhali "darinda". You're a person who values friendship in the truest sense. I know work comes first for you, but you seldom leave us disappointed on the hanging-out front. No one and nothing can change you, 'coz it's tough to alter perfection ;) Just one more thing, everyone knows you're real for, kindly don't make the efforts to look innocent :P
Vandna: I seriously, honestly, completely adore your glares, the ones you brought from "shop". And I can't wait to see your boots in person. This suffices all that needs to be said :D Sorry, too laughter-struck to write further. But, try and be happy and try not to make any more bhais when you start at TCS. :P
Sonali: No matter how many times people cancelled our plans, we still went out. Cheers to the spirit :D And congratulations for successfully securing the paint shop :P Genuinely, thanks from the bottom of my heart, for you've been a constant help, no matter what( read: no matter how many people irritated you :D )
Shruti: "O ya ya" is not enough. Thank you for the venting sessions and being the only one to understand that I'm not that dirty minded. A big sorry for not being able to make it to your function :(
Aman: Don't worry, your company would open for sure. Else you can ask them to function from your place :P Thank you for teaching how to click pics from your phone and accept it or not, it was your idea to watch that God-forsaken movie! I still don't understand your love for that special person. :| I may not always be in touch but I am never far apart :)
Arushee: Thank you for always telling me that I've the brains and the aptitude. Somehow, I haven't been able to locate these two in myself, yet. :P Don't be so possessive and don't try to take all my affairs away :D
Akanksha: Sincere request, please let me know when you're about to read my messages :P The past year I got to know I have a dahi hater so close to me, yet unaware that I share the same disliking! And you're the only one who precisely understands what I feel after a viva. Hope you find your calling soon! :)
Nidhi: Where would the spice be in life had it not been for your great thoughts?! Chugli won't be the same without you :D A thank you, for all the help in the sheets and all the ashirwaads that you bestowed upon me :)
Sunaina: No, we don't have long talks. No, we don't meet for long. But in some way or the other, I always feel connected to you. Every time I see you, it doesn't feel like I've been out of touch. It just feels that we're continuing a conversation that got interrupted just five minutes ago. You are this amazing person who never lets any one feel lonely. Your smile never fails to light me up :) And I don't think I ever said this to you, but I can always make out your exact tone while reading your messages! :D
Lastly, to a special person, who, despite the fights, stood by me through the thick and thin. I don't know how would I ever manage to live without you..
No comments:
Post a Comment