He took her hand, led her to his world
Starry-eyed, she looked at the colorful whirl
Each sight a fascination,
Straight from her imagination.
Took some time to take it all in,
And then, there was a knock within.
Slowly, her eyes fell to her feet
He saw a sorrow emerge from the glee
"What's wrong?" he asked, as tears welled up her eyes
"This is your world, not my reality", she replied,
"But for you, I would strive to fit in, I really would try"
As she so resolved, he smiled and wiped her tears dry.
Day after day, she tried and she cried.
Changed, but he wasn't satisfied.
Then, one day, he said,
"I'm sorry", and left.
She stood alone in a world she didn't know
Followed him, all he said was "Let me go"
Why then did he turn her world upside down?
He thought it would be fun to hang around.
He would say he loved her, oh, what a bunch of lies!
All he felt was kindness, all he did was sympathize.
Starry-eyed, she looked at the colorful whirl
Each sight a fascination,
Straight from her imagination.
Took some time to take it all in,
And then, there was a knock within.
Slowly, her eyes fell to her feet
He saw a sorrow emerge from the glee
"What's wrong?" he asked, as tears welled up her eyes
"This is your world, not my reality", she replied,
"But for you, I would strive to fit in, I really would try"
As she so resolved, he smiled and wiped her tears dry.
Day after day, she tried and she cried.
Changed, but he wasn't satisfied.
Then, one day, he said,
"I'm sorry", and left.
She stood alone in a world she didn't know
Followed him, all he said was "Let me go"
Why then did he turn her world upside down?
He thought it would be fun to hang around.
He would say he loved her, oh, what a bunch of lies!
All he felt was kindness, all he did was sympathize.
great...good story sad though.
ReplyDeletethe rhyming was superb.
thank you :)
Delete