Wednesday, 22 July 2015

The door opened shortly after he rung the doorbell.
"Is this you?', he asked pointing to the name printed on the slip in his hand.
"What do you want?"
"I am from the courier company ma'am."
"So?"
"I am supposed to pick up an order."
"Order? As in a lunch order?"
"Oh, no, that's not what I meant ma'am."
"Then?"
"You had ordered the return of a product you bought from the on-line shop. I am here to pick that up."
"Do you know what the return item is supposed to be?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"What?"
"A handbag."
"Hmm."
"So, ma'am, the -"
"Do you happen to know the reason for return?"
"No, ma'am."
"When do you provide with the replacement?"
"Err, ma'am, that's not in my hands."
"Do you also offer refund instead of replacement?"
"Ma'am, I am really not the person to answer that. I am just-"
"Oh, whatever, she lives in the apartment upstairs."
"She, who?"
"The one you are looking for. Now, move along, and stop wasting my time. Just because I am a housewife doesn't mean I don't have any work. Huh!"
The door closed shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment